I appreciate your passion, I hear you. I feel you. I too am a mother, daughter, wife, American. I don’t want to bombard you with facts, but your heartfelt statements need to consider this…
1. National Security – Our nation was founded on immigrants. Trumps parents were immigrants. Trump loves immigrants so much that he married two of them. Shutting our boarders completely would be shutting who we are as Americans. Also, terrorists don’t have to live here to get here. There are flights and boats in and out of our country every day. And we are the only nation that has a green card lottery, where we basically take anyone. This immigration policy is merely a talking point for Trump. If he is elected he will do absolutely nothing about our boarders. And not to use this term loosely, but in this instance Trump is an actual hypocrite. He has no actual plan. He just spouts that Mexico will pay to build a wall. Then he goes to Mexico and oddly speaks in a subdued voice like he just got called to the principal’s office during an awkward interaction with Mexican President. Hillary’s actual plan for immigration reform, if you indeed care about this issue: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/immigration-reform/
2. Economic Stability – Trump hires people abroad instead of locally. He ordered all of his hats and marketing items from China instead of US companies. Also, he has gone bankrupt NUMEROUS times – 6 bankruptcies in 25 years is a lot! Investors lost 90 cents on the dollar with Trump companies, even at a time when the economy for his type of business was on the upswing. America can’t afford bankruptcy. Don’t take my word for it. Listen to Warren Buffet: http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/03/news/economy/buffett-trump-stock/
(If you are unfamiliar with Warren Buffet, he’s worth 64.8 billion and routinely encourages politicians to increase tax on the wealthy.)
3. Supreme Court – To help with debate prep, Trump picked Roger Ailes who is currently facing charges for multiple accounts of sexual harassment. I can’t image Trump has the good sense to pick someone unbiased and fair for the supreme court. And here is the campaign manager that Trump picked, Paul Manafort: (Wikipedia)
“Manafort is best known for his lobbying efforts on behalf of pro-Russian Ukrainian leader Viktor Yanukovych as well as for dictators such as Ferdinand Marcos and Mobutu Sese Seko and guerrilla leader Jonas Savimbi.”
Trump turns to Roger Ailes, serial sexual harrasser, as a debate coach: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/17/us/politics/donald-trump-roger-ailes.html?_r=0
4. Pro-Life – Neither Hillary nor Donald will change the current laws on abortion. Full Stop. This is merely a talking point during elections, ALL US elections, always. After people are elected (Republican/Democrat) they NEVER do a thing about the abortion laws. Why? Because when abortions were illegal, people were doing back alley abortions anyway, and politicians then were blamed for babies AND women dying. Also, at the end of the day, Trump, someone with a history of regularly violating women, and no respect for women’s bodies, would be more likely to be PRO-Abortion rather than ANTI.
Trump timeline of sexual misconduct as reported thus far, more come out daily:
5. Enlisting Hate As An Ally – You didn’t address this, but Trump routinely encourages people with hateful rhetoric against religions, women, different ethnicities, etc. As a Christian, which you claim, how can you support someone who hates on religion? How can you elect a person who is already promoting hate and violence? He first suggested that his supporters shoot Hillary, now he has changed that to “lock her up” – this is unprecedented for a democracy. Only dictators say these things about their opponents. To “lock her up” without due process, or with a concocted courtroom that operates outside of US law is absolutely illegal and outrageous (And I will spare you the education on President Bush deleting 22 million e-mails after no WMD “Weapons of Mass Destruction” were discovered but US went to war anyway. No prosecutions were made on Bush’s e-mail scandal either.)
Even reporters are starting to be afraid to cover his rallies because of violent energy:
Assault on Women by Trump Supporters:
Assaults at Trump Rallies (This hasn’t been updated since JUNE! People still get punched regularly, see yesterday’s news): http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/02/a_list_of_violent_incidents_at_donald_trump_rallies_and_events.html
Lastly, Trump is an absolute joke, a laughing stock of the US and the world. People who don’t see what a joke he is, that makes me so very sad. In politics, as in sports, people pick a team they are going to cheer for, no matter how awful that team turns out to be, and no matter how much evidence comes forward to prove how terrible that person/team/campaign is. Feel free to root for who you want, but know that Trump winning will not be a win for the US, and it will not be a win for women. It will set the nation back 200 years. You may be young and not realize what your grandmother and great-grandmother and all the American women had to fight for to get us the rights we now have. The right to not be raped by our husbands. The right to vote. The right to equal education. The right to drive. The right to open our own checking accounts and credit cards without a man’s consent! Do not take a day of this for granted. Not one day. Do you know how lucky you are to live in a democracy?
I, like many parents, didn’t want my children to watch the debates because I was afraid of what might be said. How can you elect a president that you are afraid of your children hearing speak? I have a son and a daughter. Of course I’m concerned about my daughter possibly being a victim of sexual harassment, sexual assault or verbal abuse. But I’m also afraid of my son growing up in a country that thinks any of that is okay.
I’m not eloquent and doing this issue justice, so I’ll let others words speak for the voice of reason.
“The shameful comments about our bodies, the disrespect of our ambitions and intellect, the belief that you can do anything you want to a woman — it is cruel, it’s frightening, and the truth is — it hurts.”
“This isn’t about politics. It’s about basic human decency. It’s about right and wrong … Now is the time for all of us to stand up and say ‘enough is enough.’ This has got to stop right now.”
“To dismiss this as everyday locker room talk is an insult to decent men everywhere.”
“Strong men, men who are truly role models, don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful.”
“We’re telling our sons that it’s OK to humiliate women. We’re telling our daughters that this is how they deserve to be treated. We’re telling all our kids that bigotry and bullying are perfectly acceptable in the leader of their country.”
“If we have a president who routinely degrades women, who brags about sexually assaulting women, then how can we maintain our moral authority in the world?”
– Michelle Obama
“There seems to be enough room in the world for mediocre men, but not for mediocre women.”
– Madeleine Albright
PS – The only reason Trump’s running mate is Mike Pence is because all other reasonable Republicans turned him down, and have now denounced him.