While delivering a speech in Sunrise, Florida, Trump proved he can even trump himself by saying President Obama is the founder of ISIS. He repeated it several times for effect, “He is the founder of ISIS. He founded ISIS.”
Just like my seven year-old, when Donald Trump is caught in a lie, he says, “I’m just joking.” Deflecting is fun for Trump, “Ha, ha, just joking! LYLAP, love ya like a Pres.”
Trump is a dark cloud over the sunshine state. Whether he is joking or not, he is clueless that he is making idiotic comments.
As a former stand up comedian, I’ll shed some light on things you NEVER joke about:
- Parents whose son died a war hero. (Off limits)
- A veteran who gave a purple heart. Trump most likely bought this symbol of bravery from the veteran, but joking about someone giving it to him instead of actually doing a brave acts – off limits.
- Russia hacking Hillary’s e-mails. Not only not funny and illegal, but when Russia actually did it, all fingers pointed back to Trump. This cost more than the fake purple heart.
- Nuclear Weapons are hilarious! “They can end humanity through mutually assured destruction. OMG, I can’t stop laughing!” said no one ever. Seriously, not a funny spin on this topic. Ever. Way off limits. So far off limits it’s no where even near the limits.
- Sexual harassment in the workplace. Only funny if Trump jokes about sexually harassing women while the women get to punch him in the face. Now, that could be very funny!
- National debt. Not offensive to talk about, just not funny as Americans have paid for all of Trump’s bankruptcies.
- “I’ve always loved debt. I must be honest with you. I don’t love it for countries but I’ve loved it individually. OK?” – Trump
- Violence against women and/or killing a woman. (Never humor here. I once watched a comedian on stage joking about killing someone, then he pulled out a knife for effect. The entire front two rows immediately left, and most of the room was empty by the time he finished his set.) Trump is about to be talking to an empty room.
- The day of the week. Apparently for Trump supporters you can get a lot of things wrong, but never what day it is.
Hillary Clinton’s response to Trump was exactly what most people are thinking at this point in the campaign:
Then on Clinton’s twitter account, she still had to clarify, “No, Barack Obama is not the founder of ISIS.”
Hillary is like the parent in this situation letting out a big sigh, “Donald, don’t color on the walls, clean up your mess and stop calling Obama part of ISIS.”
The only humor in this ‘Just Joking’ news story is that after wildly accusing our president of being a terrorist, Trump didn’t know what day of the week it was. He was confused on the day, not once, but twice. While the crowd agreed with and cheered for all of his crazy antics, even overlooking the fact that he called the town Sunrise “Sunshine” instead, but supporters drew a line in the sand at Trump not knowing the day of the week. Below are his actual comments during the rally…
TRUMP: “I’ve always loved debt. I’ve got be honest with you.”
CROWD: “Yea! Whooo-hooo” Clap, clap, clap
TRUMP: “ISIS is honoring President Obama. He is the founder of ISIS. He’s the founder. He founded ISIS.”
CROWD: Clap, clap clap. “Yeaaaa!”
TRUMP: “Two thousand people are outside waiting to get in.”
CROWD: That’s weird There’s loads of empty seat. Huh. Okay, whatever. “yeeaaahhh!” Clap. Clap. Clap.
TRUMP: “Is there any place that’s better than a Friday night in Florida?”
CROWD: What? Wait a minute. “…It’s Thursday!”
TRUMP: “It’s Friday night and we’re having fun.”
CROWD: What the hell is wrong with him? You can’t lie about the day of the week! “IT’S THURSDAY!!!!!”
So to answer Trump’s question, the only thing better than a Friday night in Florida is a Thursday night in Florida. I call it Frursday or Thriday. It could be Thursday, could be Friday, whatever.